Newsletter - Pre-School November/December 2016
Welcome to our new children in Pre-School.
This half term (November to December) our topics are ‘People Who Help Us’, ‘Keeping Safe and Healthy’ and ‘Shops’.
As well as our Bonfire Night and Christmas celebrations, these are some of the things we’ll be talking and learning about:
- Different cultures
- Road Safety
- Police Officers, Paramedics, Fire Fighters, Doctors and Nurses, Dentists
- Emergency Vehicles
- Shops around Blakemere
- Healthy and Favourite Food
- Music and Movement
- Makaton signs
- Katie is going on Maternity Leave in December, we wish her all the best and look forward to her happy news.
- Sadly Hope has left us and is enjoying her new fundraising career with St. Luke’s.
- Samantha Poole has joined us and will be working in all rooms.
- Nicky will become Pre-School Room Leader and Heather will continue to work in Pre-School as a Nursery Nurse.
- 2nd November – Magic Monkey Christmas DVDs will be filming in Nursery. If your child isn’t in on this day please call in between 12 and 2 if you’d like a DVD filming.
- 18th November – ‘Children in Need’, dress your child in spotty clothes if you can, bring in your donation for this worthy cause.
- 16th December – ‘Save the Children’ Christmas Jumper Day. Come wearing your Christmas themed clothes and bring your donation for ‘Save the Children’.
- We will be having our annual Christmas Carol Concert with the Oakmere Brass Band in the Courtyard. If you play an instrument and would like to join the band please see Mark, our Band Leader – date to be confirmed.
We will be collecting foodstuffs, toiletries, toys etc for ‘The Salvation Army’ Emergency Christmas relief parcels. If you’d like to contribute, please drop off your items in the collection boxes at the front door early in December. Items that are particularly needed are biscuits and new toys for children aged 0-5 years.
Check out our Facebook page for reminders of dates etc and to keep up to date with what’s going on.
Everyone is now enrolled onto our online Learning Journals through ‘Tapestry’. If you haven’t managed to login yet please let us know. You are always welcome to come in and discuss your child’s progress with their Key Worker.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thanks for your continued support.
Heather, Nicky and Joy
Oakmere Children's Nursery
01606 889 336