Newsletter - Pre-School March/April 2017
Welcome to our new children at Pre-School.
This half term (March and April) our topics are ‘Old, New and Growing’.
These are some of the things we’ll be talking and learning about:
- Makaton signs
- ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’
- Life cycles
- Our bodies
- St David’s Day
- St Patrick’s Day
We are collecting Sainsburys Active Kids vouchers again so please pass them in and remind all your family and friends as well!
Check out our Facebook page for reminders of dates etc and to keep up to date with what’s going on.
If you have any problems logging into ‘Tapestry’, our online learning journals, please let us know. You are always welcome to come in and discuss your child’s progress with their Key Worker.
Occasionally parents forget their car seat, we have a spare for older children which we can lend out but not a baby one, so if anyone has a baby car seat that they don’t need any more we’d be very grateful for it.
- Hannah Penny will be going on Maternity Leave in July, we wish her all the best and look forward to her happy news.
- Amy Lowdon will be returning from her Maternity Leave in April.
- Thursday 2nd March – World Book Day – Dress as your favourite book character and bring along your favourite book to share.
- Monday 13th March – Hindu festival of Holi – we’ll be doing lots of colourful activities so please come dressed in your most colourful clothes.
- Wednesday 15th March – Gill from Northwich Library will be coming to read a story to Pre-School and tell them all about the library.
- Friday 24th March – Comic Relief Red Nose Day – Pyjama day – come dressed in your pyjamas and bring along your donation for this worthy cause.
- Friday 21st April – St George’s Day (23rd) Tea Party – come dressed in red, white and blue.
- Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th April 9am-1pm – Helen Baly will be taking portrait photographs and graduation photographs. If your child doesn’t attend on these days and you would like a portrait photograph please call in between 12 noon and 1pm on either day.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thanks for your continued support.
Nicky, Heather and Joy
Oakmere Children's Nursery
01606 889 336