Newsletter - Pre-School July/August 2017
Welcome to our new children in Pre-School.
This half term (July and August) our topic is ‘Our Family, Home, Friends and Me’.
These are some of the things we’ll be talking and learning about:
- Makaton signs
- People in our family
- Rooms in our house
- Different types of homes
- Making junk model homes
- Congratulations to Laura and her family on the birth of her beautiful baby girl, Eva Mae on 7th June.
- Hannah Penny is starting her Maternity Leave in July, we wish her all the best and look forward to her news.
- Fiona is now Manager; Nicky Haves, Heather Duncalf and Katie Wright (when she returns from Maternity Leave) are Acting Deputy Managers whilst Laura and Hannah are on Maternity Leave.
- Sadly Joy will be leaving us in July, she has moved house and got a new job nearer to where she is now living.
- Vicki Buckley has joined us and will be working in the 2-3 Room.
- Elaine Hulm will be joining us and working in Pre-School.
- Natasha Garton will be joining us and working in all rooms.
- Sports Day – Tuesday 4th July 4pm (weather permitting) on the bottom field, everyone’s welcome, don’t forget your trainers for the parents race!
- Monday 17th July 4pm – Graduation Ceremony for our School Leavers.
- Thursday 27th July Barnardo’s Big Toddle, we’ll be giving out sponsor forms soon.
If you have any problems logging into ‘Tapestry’, our online learning journals, please let us know. You are always welcome to come in and discuss your child’s progress with their Key Worker.
A reminder that the morning session finishes at 1pm, please ensure that your child is picked up promptly.
Check out our Facebook page for reminders of dates etc and to keep up to date with what’s going on.
Please check on your child’s supply of suncream occasionally so that we don’t ever run out and please bring a sunhat for playing outside each day.
Best wishes to all our children who are leaving us to go to ‘big school’. We’ll miss you all. Happy holidays to all our term-timers.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thanks for your continued support.
Nicky, Heather, Joy and Amy
Oakmere Children's Nursery
01606 889 336